How to fix No sound on my Computer: Sounds play an important role in our lives and the same goes for computers. If there is no sound on your computer then you cannot enjoy music, videos, voice/video chats etc. The “no sound on my computer” is one of the most common problems faced by the users in this digital world. People normally panic when they try to run some random video/music and suddenly the sounds stop coming from their PC. Now there are many solutions to fix the sound issue arising in your computer. Let’s learn what to do when your computer doesn’t have sound and how can you restore it in your PC.
Common issue on Related to No sound on my computer
- How do i fix no sound on my computer?
- How Do I Get Sound Back on My Computer
- Why is there no sound coming from my computer?
- How do I fix my computer sound problem?
- How do you get the sound back on your computer?
- How do I get my sound back on Windows 10?
- Why is there no sound from my computer?
- How do I restore the sound on my computer?
- What do you do when your computer doesn t have sound?
- How do I activate the sound on my computer?
How to get the sound back on your computer & Easy to Fix No Sound on Computer
Given below are some common steps you can perform to get the sound working on your PC. Here’s what you can do to fix the computer sound problem-
- Restart the system.
- Check the hardware i.e. speaker connection, cable.
- Install necessary windows/audio updates.
- Check the audio setting of your PC.
- Reinstall the audio driver.
- Run the Troubleshooter.
You can follow any of these troubleshooting steps to fix the no sound issue on the computer-
Restart the System
Sometimes certain programs temporarily shut the sound of your computer to run properly. In such a case, you can restart the computer and check again to see if the problem persists or not. If the sound error occurred due to a program then restarting your PC would work otherwise you’ll have to check for further solutions to fix the no sound in computer issue. You also need to make sure that the PC isn’t muted while checking the sound.
Check the Hardware
If the sound from your computer stops coming suddenly then there might be some hardware issue that is causing this. Simply check the speakers, cables and the connections. If the wire is loose then tighten it and run a song to see if the sound comes back or not.
Install Audio updates
Update your PC audio drivers as missing or outdated audio drivers can also cause the no sound error. You can update the audio driver in two ways- automatically and manually. To manually update the driver, you need to go to the manufacturer’s website and find the driver that matches your system specifications. For an automatic update, you can go to the windows updates section in the control panel and click on the system and security tab. From there, turn on the automatic updates for windows. The windows will then automatically update the necessary the drivers.
Check Audio Setting of your PC
Make sure that the audio device is set to default. You can check the audio setting through the instructions given below-
- Right click on the “volume” icon at the bottom right corner of the screen and click on the “playback devices”.
- Locate your device in the playback tab and check if there is a “green check mark” next to your audio device.
- Select your audio device and click the “set default”. Click “ok” to save the changes you’ve made.
- Test the sound by playing a song/video.
Reinstalling Audio Driver
Sometimes the audio driver gets corrupted due to the presence of viruses in your computer. Therefore, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers again to fix the sound issues. Here’s how to do that-
- Open the control panel and go to the device manager.
- Double click on the “sound, video and game controllers”.
- Now right click the audio card and uninstall the driver.
- Confirm the uninstallation.
- Restart your PC after which the computer will automatically install the audio driver for you.
Run the Troubleshooter
Follow the solution to activate the sound in your computer-
- Open the control panel and make sure that the view is set to the “small/large icons”.
- Now go to the “troubleshooting” section.
- Select the “troubleshoot audio recording” in the hardware and sound section.
- Put a check across the checkbox asking for the automatic repair.
- Click on the next button and follow the instructions.
- Restart your PC and run a song to check if the sound is working fine or not.