Are you tired with the snail pace speed of your computer? Do you wait endlessly for the programs to get installed and work properly on your PC or laptop? Well, then you’re not the only one who’s facing this slow computer speed problem. The slow speed issue in a computer is one of the most common issues that are faced by millions of users in the world. There are a number of reasons behind the slow running of a computer. In this post, we’ll discuss the reasons why computer runs slow whenever you work on it and try to seek the solutions to fix the slow computer speed problem.
Some other Common issue of Slow Computer
- Why is my PC running so slowly?
- How can I speed up a slow computer?
- What to do if laptop is running slow?
- How do you clean your computer to make it faster?
- computer running slow windows 7
- computer running slow windows 10
- reason for computer running slow
- why is my computer so slow windows 8
- how do you fix a slow laptop?
- how to speed up computer windows 10
Reasons why Computers run slow and Freeze often
Let’s find out some of the main reasons behind the slow speed of computers and laptops-
1. Not enough free space in PC: Most of the time, your computer freezes or run slow if there is limited free space available in it. It might be because you’re keeping heavy data in your PC like movies, songs, anti-virus, gaming software, other heavy software.
2. Too many Background Programs: If you have opened up many programs in the background while working on one at a time then this also increases the rate at which the computer starts running slow.
3. Virus/Malware Attack: There is a possibility that your PC might be infected with virus/malware making it working slowly.
4. Windows Version out-of-date: The important part which users often neglect is to check if they’re using the working version of Windows. An outdated window can lead to slow speed in laptop and computers.
5. CPU Overheating: When you work on many programs at a time on the computer then the processing speed of the computer gets affected and can cause the overheating of the CPU. This eventually leads to the slow speed issue in the computer.
Solution to fix slow speed problem in computers
Here are some working solutions to the slow speed issue in laptop/computers-
Defragment Disk: Use disk defragmenter to rearrange the files stored in your PC. This process will increase the speed of your computer. The process usually takes time to organize the memory space in your computer properly so that the data can be put up in a contiguous manner, which increases the processing speed of the programs.
Delete Temporary Files: Deleting the unnecessary temporary files can boost the speed of the computer. Here’s how to do that-
- Press the windows button and R key to open the “run” dialogue box
- Enter “%temp%” in the field provided and click ok
- Now select all the files by pressing Ctrl + A key and press delete key on the keyboard
- All the temporary files will now be deleted.
Remove/Uninstall programs not in use: You can increase the computer speed by simply uninstalling the programs that are not used frequently. The space left after removing will be utilized by the PC in improving the speed.
Use an SSD instead of a Hard disk: If your computer takes ages in turning on then there is a fault in your hard disk. The hard disk has moving components which consume more time. Whereas, the solid state drive (SSD) comes without any moving part making it exceptionally fast. Spending a few bucks on the SSD is far better than suffering the slow torture that a faulty hard disk can give you.
Buy a Hard Disk for backing up the data or for getting more space in PC.
Perform Disk Cleanup: Cleaning the unwanted space on the disk can reduce the slowing of computer speed. To clean the disk, go to my computer>select the disk>right click and choose properties>click on the disk cleanup option.
Clean the Dust gathered in your PC or laptop: Sometimes dust accumulates in your computer affecting the working of the processor, so make sure to clean it once in a while. Proper care should be taken while removing the dust otherwise the hardware can get damaged.
Install Ram to increase the speed: If your computer freezes/hangs a lot then there might be a possibility that the RAM is affected. You can boost up the speed of your PC by installing a RAM which is quite easily available in the market.
Scan for viruses and remove them if present: Always install a reliable antivirus and anti-malware software to safeguard your PC from external threats. Viruses and malware can manipulate the working of your device and may result in slow speed.
Update Windows/Drivers: It is important to keep the computer drivers and windows updated. Make sure to update them regularly or you can also put them on automatic update. To do that, go to the control panel > system and security > windows update > Turn automatic update on/off > turn it on.