Get Solutions Google chrome not working Windows 10: Google Chrome is a very popular internet browser that is used by millions of users around the globe. Although the browser is very smooth it is not rare for the users to face different kinds of errors and problems. These errors and problems in Google chrome become even more prominent in Windows 10. The most common problems in Google Chrome are Google chrome not responding, Freezing, Google chrome not opening in windows 10, Google chrome not loading etc.
In case you are also a Google chrome user and facing a similar issue then this article can help you a lot. Here, we will list down all the possible causes of Google Chrome not working Windows 10 issues and easiest way to fix them.
Why your Google chrome doesn’t work in Windows 10?
Google chrome is a technical application and there are many factors that can cause problems in its proper workflow. Some of these main factors why you are facing Google chrome not responding in windows 10 issue are as follows:
- Too many cache and cookies in your Google Chrome browser.
- Third party add-ons and applications in your Google Chrome browser.
- Outdated drivers.
- Missing Google Chrome or windows update
- Antivirus or windows defender firewall blocking chrome.
- A Virus or malware in your PC causing the hindrance in proper Google chrome working.
How to fix Google chrome not working window 10 Problems?
The method to fix Google chrome not responding or not opening issue depends upon the reason why you are facing such problems. Given below are the steps you should follow progressively to resolve the various factors that are causing the problems.
- How to Fix Clear the cache memory and cookies of your Google Chrome browser: Follow the steps given below if you don’t know how to clear cache and cookies of a Google chrome browser.
- Open chrome browser and click on the menu bar (three vertical dots) available at the top right corner.
- Click on “More tools” followed by “clear browsing data”.
- Select the time range for which you want to clear the cache and cookies.
- Finally, click on “Clear Data”.
- Turn off all the Chrome add-ons: The various add-on applications can also cause Google Chrome not working issues in windows 10. Follow the steps given below if you don’t know how to turn off add-ons in google chrome.
- Run Google Chrome and open the menu by clicking on the three vertical dots from the top right corner.
- Click on “More tools” followed by “Extensions”.
- Turn off all the extensions of Google Chrome using the toggle switches.
- Restart your PC and check if the problem gets resolved or not
- Update the outdated drivers: The most common reason for Google Chrome not responding Support or freezing error is an outdated driver. You need to visit the manufactures website as per your computer’s hardware in order to update the network/ wi-fi adapter driver.
- Allowing Google Chrome through the Windows Defender Firewall Support: Another possible reason why Google Chrome not working windows 10 is Windows firewall blocking it from opening. Follow the steps given below to allow chrome through the windows defender firewall.
- Press Windows + R button simultaneously from your Keyboard.
- Type “Control firewall.cpl” in the run box window and click “OK”.
- Click on “Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall” from the left hand side of the screen.
- Now, click on “Change settings” and make sure that all three boxes against the “Google Chrome” are ticked.
- Click on “Ok” and re-launch Google chrome to check if the problem gets resolved or not.
- Update Google Chrome Support: It is also possible that you might be using an older version of Google Chrome and that’s why Google Chrome Doesn’t Work in Windows 10 Support Number. You can update Google Chrome by following the steps given below:
- Run Google Chrome and click on three vertical dots from the top right corner.
- Click on “Help” followed by “About Google Chrome”.
- Chrome will detect the updates automatically.
- Install the updates by following the steps appearing on the screen.
- Reinstall Google Chrome: If the problem continues after following the above mentioned steps then you should reinstall Google Chrome.
- Run an Antivirus scan: In case Google Chrome Doesn’t Work in Windows 10 even after reinstalling it then it is possible that a virus or malware might be causing the problem. You should run a deep scan in your computer using a good antivirus.
All the above mentioned steps are also applicable if your Google chrome not opening in windows 7.
How to resolve Google Chrome not working on Mac?
Here are the steps you may follow in order to resolve Google Chrome not responding on Mac.
- Clear the browser history from your chrome browser.
- Try to run Google Chrome in incognito mode.
- Disable hardware acceleration under preference option in Google Chrome.
- Reset Google chrome flags to default settings. You can find this option by typing chrome://flags into the URL bar.
- Reset Google Chrome. Follow the steps given below if you don’t know how to reset Google Chrome.
- Open chrome and tap on “Preferences”.
- Scroll down to the bottom and open “Advanced Menu”.
- Tap on “Reset option” from the bottom of the screen.
You should note that resetting the Google Chrome will delete all your extensions, cookies, your saved home page and startup tabs.
Other Helpful Tips and Precautions
- Before following the above-mentioned steps to resolve Chrome not working problem you should make sure that you are connected to a fast and uninterrupted internet connection.
- For using Google Chrome in windows you need Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 or later OS.
- For Mac users, OS X Yosemite 10.10 or later is required.
- You should never install Google Chrome from any third party website or source as it may also result in different errors and issues. Visit Google chrome Support Number