Talk to Live Person at Google: Google provides the best mailing service in the form of Google and it is one of the most widely used mailing services with millions of users. It provides excellent mail sending and receiving, last storage space, email synchronizing features, protection against spam, easy mobile access and much more. But, despite of its many characteristic features, sometimes, Google does experience certain problems at times. One of such problem faced most commonly is the Google Has Stopped Working issue. There can be different reasons behind this problem. In this article, we have discussed some of these reasons and have provided the best possible solution to your Google Has Stopped Working problem.
Why do I get the Google Has Stopped Working message on my system?
There is more than just one reason as to why you are receiving the error message ‘Google Has Stopped Working’, Google Not working support. Although this error does not occurs a lot, but still the Google users face problems whenever this issues arises. Some of the major reasons behind this error are listed below.
- There is any kind of syncing issue with your Google.
- You are using an older version of Google app.
- You have restricted your background data.
- A significant amount of Google cache has been build up.
- There can be some issues with your device and not with your Google.
Google Live Person provides Easy steps to solve the Google Has Stopped Working issue
Here are given some very simple solutions to get rid of the Google Has Stopped Working problem.
- Update your Google app: Go to the play store, search for Google and then click on the update button to install the latest version of the Google app.
- Try to un-sync your Google account temporarily: Go to phone settings> account> Google. Select your account, then uncheck the Google and check it again.
- Remove you account and set it up again: Go to phone settings> account> Google and select your account. Click on the three dots at the upper right corner and tap on ‘remove now’ button. Now, configure your account once again on your device.
- Decrease the syncing days: Open the Google app in your phone and go to Settings. Select your account and Tap on Days of emails to sync. Set the syncing days to 30 or less.
- Enable background data: Go to the phone settings and click on ‘data usage’. Scroll down under the ‘app usage’ and check that ‘Google’ has not been restricted. Tap the Google icon and uncheck the ‘restrict app background data’.
- Clear cookies and caches: Go to the settings of your phone and click on ‘apps’. Go to Google> storage and click on clear data and clear cache.
To know more contact live Google Person