Are you a Verizon account user and want to set up a Verizon email account in outlook or outlook express? If so, then here you can get the perfect solution for your query. Before starting the setup process first understand the basic settings and the features of your email server. You must know the details about Username, Email address, and Password; Name of the outgoing (SMTP) email server, and Name of your incoming (POP3) mail server.
How to set up Verizon email account in Outlook Express
It is quite easy for a Verizon user to set up the email account in Outlook Express automatically or by using the step-by-step instructions. Before starting the settings, first check the email software client's configuration.
- Incoming mail server (POP3): pop.verizon.net
- Incoming Server Port Numbers: 995
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.verizon.net
- Outgoing Server Port Numbers: 465 with SSL preferred (or 587 with TLS)
- Ensure that SSL encryption is enabled for the incoming and outgoing mail server.
If the configuration is correct, start the setting process by using below step by step instructions.
- Go to Outlook Express.
- Open the “Tools" menu and click "Accounts" tab.
- Click on the "Mail" and begin your Verizon email account setup.
- Make a Double-click on the option to reach your email account after reading the instructions carefully. Normally it shows "My Accounts" tab or you can see a similar option in "Mail" menu.
- Enter to your account settings and click on the "Servers".
- Look for the "SMTP" box and there provide the outgoing server name that Verizon uses. In case you face troubles in finding the information in the materials given by Verizon, simply contact Verizon Email customer support.
- Make a tick in the "My Server Requires Authentication" box.
- Ensure that the button highlighted while clicking the "My Server Requires Authentication" button, must be typecast "Settings." Hit on the button.
- Make a tick on the box titled "Log on Using". Type your Verizon email address and password.
- Press "OK."
- Now close your Outlook Express and open it again. Here you are ready to go.
In case your Verizon account is Yahoo enabled
The setup process is completely different when your Verizon email account is Yahoo enabled. In such situations follow below steps
- Open the Tools menu and select "Accounts"
- Click "Mail" tab
- Choose the "Add" tab
- Click on the "Mail" option in "Add" menu
- A text box stating "Display Name" will show. Enter your name in the box and click on "Next"
- Enter your Verizon Yahoo! email in the given box, and then click on "Next"
- Select "POP3" available in "My incoming mail server" option
- In the Incoming Mail Server (POP3, IMAP, or HTTP) box, type "incoming.yahoo.verizon.net".
- Type "outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net” in the Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) box
- Click on "Next"
- Provide your Verizon Yahoo! ID (without the part after @ symbol) in the "Account Name" box.
- Type your Verizon Yahoo! Mail password in the box asking for “Password”.
- Put a tick on the "Remember password" box (if you want to save your password in your Outlook Express software)
- Click on the "Next"
- In the end click on "Finish", and you are done.
In case you face some issues while doing Verizon email account settings or have some other sort of queries regarding Verizon email account, contact Verizon customer support as soon as possible. You can easily reach the experts at Verizon customer service by dialing the toll free Verizon customer support helpline number.
The expert techies at Verizon help center will instantly provide excellent technical support for all kinds of Verizon email account issues. Verizon customer support numbers are available 24x7 for all users across the world. So, reach them at anytime and anywhere without any hassle.